Tuesday, August 24, 2004

We're Baaaaack!!! Ah, home sweet home, Terra Firma America Borealis. The airline trip was not too awful, we got all our luggage, and the cat survived the trip with relatively little trauma. Hooray. We have a rental car to tide us over while our car is en route from the Baltic Sea, and yesterday we went shopping for something for my husband to drive. We went grocery shopping in our old neighborhood and didn't quite faint from sticker shock. The bigger shock was the renovation they'd done to the place, really. They yupped it up and moved a Starbucks in. Sheesh!
Home-hunting begins in earnest now, since we've almost resolved the car situation. I'm still torn between rent and buy. If we buy, that commits me to going back to work after Bizzleburp is born. If we rent, and later decide that I won't go back to work, then we'll be in the market for a house in about another year, and will have to move with a baby. Oh heck, if I stay with the company we're still looking at a move with a baby. (The difference being that the company would pay for it...) Decisions, decisions.
I have a doctor's appointment on Friday. That's the other major search that commences this week: where to bear?
But the really good news is that Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Abkazan is still on the big screens here. My husband goes back to work tomorrow, and I start playing some serious hooky. Whoo hoo!