Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Another day closer to escape velocity. We had the movers' survey today. Packout is pencilled in for next week, Wednesday and Thursday. It occurs to me that it won't be easy to keep up with the blog once the computer is packed up. WHINE. I'm not taking any chances on posting from work. But other than that, hey, I can handle this. One day closer to family, friends, and sanity. I'll start panicking about finding a real home and place to give birth after the plane lands on the other side of the Atlantic. I can only have one nervous breakdown at a time.

The baby has been busy kicking this week. I think it's getting big enough now that it feels squished if I sit too close to my desk or lean forward or cross my legs for too long. Bizzleburp seems to be saying, "Hey! How about some room here?!" I'm still making adjustments to my changing dimensions.

The cat has figured out that she can't sit in her usual spot on my belly when I'm lying on the sofa, but aside from that I'm not sure she has the slightest idea of what she's in for. She just sits further down on my legs and curls up alongside the growing bump. The baby has yet to kick the cat; this gives me hope for their future relationship. I'll be curious to see whether the sound of the cat purring has left any impression on Bizzleburp in utero, like playing Mozart or Brahms.