Friday, August 27, 2004

I had a great day yesterday visiting the zoo with my godsons, who keep getting bigger every time I turn my back for a second. I also got a preview of my life to be, surrounded by little kids everywhere on the behavior spectrum. I suppose that when I'm walking around with one of my own, it will be easier to tune out the incessant chorus of "Mommy LOOK!" and "Variations On A Theme of I Wanna/I Don't Wanna...!" that makes me wonder whether I'm really cut out for this gig. I'm not someone who thinks haughtily, "MINE will be better behaved than that" or "I could handle that better" - far from it, indeed. I'm much more likely to groan to myself, "How would I cope with that situation?" I guess it's time to start researching places to put my dignity in cold storage for the next 20 years.