Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Sticker Shock. That's my excuse for not blogging (oh yeah, and the fact that my computer is still in transit, so I am at the mercy of others when I want to get on-line). But good grief, things on this side of the Atlantic can be downright nuts. Real estate searches were bad enough; yesterday I went clothes shopping - yes, I know, two months to go, where's the point? The point is that I can't live on one pair of jeans alone. Anyway, I have to wonder who they think is buying this stuff. One blouse for 150 bucks, are they nuts? A sheer top for 100? Thanks, I'll stick to raiding my husband's t-shirt drawer. I found one shirt I liked, and my head was spinning at the thought of spending 40 bucks on it, but it turns out to be designed for nursing too, so there's a longer lifespan there. On the positive side, I can walk into a store and there are pleasant people who speak my native language who don't look surprised at the notion of my asking for assistance. In fact, they actually offer to help before I have a chance to ask - what a concept! Home sweet home.