Thursday, August 19, 2004

Okay, so I blogged about the car twice. I was tired, sorry. Packout does that to me. I couldn't fall asleep last night to save my life. Tonight will either be a repeat performance of that, or I will sleep like the dead.
This evening was my farewell at work. I'm saying goodbye to a lot of people and still not quite believing that I may never see any of them again. That's the drawback of this business: a lot of goodbyes. But considering what a big Hello! I have coming in about two months, I'd say it all balances out. I also had my last doctor's appointment here today. I've gained almost two pounds since my last visit three weeks ago, and baby's heartbeat is still steady and strong in the 130s. Not a bad way to wrap up.
And on that happy note, I'm off. We leave Saturday morning and if all goes well, we'll be on our home side of the Atlantic afternoon local time. I should be back on-line by Monday. Since I don't know whether I'll get to post again before we leave, I'll say Happy Trails now, and thanks for sticking with me through these long weeks. Hopefully, I'll get to see a lot of you all soon.