Wednesday, August 11, 2004

As someone who hopes to feed her baby the way nature designed me to, I have to jump in on this debate: there has got to be a happy medium here. I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone to ask me not to flash a lot of flesh while Bizzleburp has a snack. However, anyone who tells me that it's "disgusting" to feed a baby in public is likely to get a mini-lecture on the differences between nuturing an infant and picking one's nose. I intend to be tasteful and discreet in my approach to nourishing my child in public when the need arises. Yes, breast milk is widely considered to be better for babies. I do not intend to use Bizzleburp's needs as an excuse to educate the masses through shock value.
Let's make a deal: I promise to cover up as best as I can if you promise not to gawk and make comments. Fair?