Saturday, November 18, 2006

Made it through one more day without going into labor. I have also made through the day without a nap, which is even more remarkable.
Instead of a nap, I went to a matinee of the new Bond movie with my husband. It didn't suck, but it has several moments of lameness which are unworthy of the Bond franchise. (I am a purist when it comes to Bond movies. Yes, that means Connery is the best one. Don't even attempt to argue with me.) Judi Dench is brilliant. I will give Daniel Craig some credit: he's better than George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton. And I enjoyed this more than, oh, say, License To Kill. And it was a movie in a theatre, and this time the projector didn't eat the film. So as cinematic experiences go, this was probably the high point of the last several months.
Now if they could somehow, for the next movie, pair up Judi Dench's "M" with either Connery or Brosnan... Yeah, dream on, Mugs.