Sunday, September 19, 2004

Yesterday's baby shower was a lot of fun. My sister- and mother-in-law flew down for the day and set up a very fine spread in my folks' house. My stepmom set out beautiful flowers and baked tasty cookies, and conspired with some sneaky folks to surprise me in a big way: my oldest and dearest friend flew in from another city with her 10-month-old daughter whom I hadn't met yet.
I continue to be amazed by the amount of sheer STUFF that one very small person needs just to maintain a 24-7 regimen of eating, sleeping, lying down, and pooping. But for me, the shower was not just about the stroller and swing and cuddly toys and oooohing and aaaaahing over aaaaaaaall that CUUUUUUUUTE stuff! I was delighted to see some friends I hadn't seen in months (or even years) and have a chance to catch up with people. It's nice to be reminded that I have lots of support and love from friends and family as I embark of this great adventure called Parenthood. It was a very, very good day.