Thursday, June 24, 2004

Now my corner fruit lady has gotten into the act: "You've really lost a lot of weight!" Yes, I told her, see the tummy here? I was really sick for about three months but I'm much better now, thank you. Mostly.
Corner Fruit Lady is one of the bonuses of living in my adopted hometown. CFL (previously we had a CFGuy) operates a little kiosk selling fresh produce (or the local definition thereof) at the end of our block. It's very nice to come home at the end of the day and pick up some oranges for a vitamin C fix. What's amazing is that they're there year-round, even when it's 20 below zero in the dead of winter. And she's always friendly and chatty and notices if we haven't been to see her for a while. One of the things I will miss (yes, there is more than one, believe it or not) when we return to our usual side of the Atlantic will be our CFL.