Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I managed to have a rotten afternoon even with lots of sunshine. It takes two things to override a sunny day: a city power failure and an interaction with the home office.
City power failure=operating on a generator. Generator=lots of noise and fluctuations in the electrical works that make my computer, despite the UPS, roll over and play dead every five minutes. Yeah, that's a real kick in the productivity.
Interaction with the home office - more specifically, my HR point of contact. I could get better answers out of a Magic 8 Ball:
"Is the company paying for temporary relocation housing while I'm on maternity leave, since I'm still technically on the payroll then?"
"Reply Hazy...Ask Again Later."

In order to be any less helpful this person would have to be declared legally dead.
I expect a nice dinner with friends will cheer me up considerably. If that doesn't do it, I'll flip a coin over bubble bath & nice warm glass of milk vs. DVD of Kill Bill, vol. 1.