Friday, September 23, 2005

Put another dollar in the "Future Therapy Bills" kitty: Gigi has learned to climb up the step from the sunroom into the den, where she can crawl towards the kitchen (and thus out of our sight if we're watching TV). She thinks this is hilarious. Last night I didn't feel like chasing her down to ensure that she stayed out of the cat food. So how did I get her to come back?
"WAAAAH!" I shouted. "I can't see my baby! WAAAAAH! She's gone away! She doesn't exist anymore! WAAAAH! Where's the baby? WAAAAH!"
She crawled back and peered around the door. "OH YAY!" I shouted and clapped my hands. "She's back! She's back! YAAAAY BABY!" Gigi plunked her little tushie on the floor and giggled and clapped. Then she started crawling away again.
"WAH! My baby's gone! I can't see my baby! I can't see her! WAAAH!"
She giggled and headed back, to my cheering and clapping.
The irony was lost on her, I'm sure. But I was laughing my head off.