Monday, June 13, 2005

Long time, no blog. Sorry about that. The good news is that I'm not dead or hospitalized or anything like that. Really, I'm much better. I think it was the threat of Cipro that scared my anatomy into getting well. No, seriously, when I was on Day Six of a seven-day antibiotic course, I started having a new flareup. I called my doctor to get either more of the same drug or a new one, and he gave me a new one: Cipro.
Seriously, the last time I heard of anyone taking Cipro, there was anthrax in the mail. Sounds drastic to me. Then I read the packaging inserts and warnings with the stuff from the pharmacy, and what does it say? "Do not breastfeed while taking this product." HUH?!?!?!
Okay, I asked my OB for help with a breast infection while I'm nursing, and he gives me a drug I'm not supposed to take...I'm in the market for a new doctor.