Friday, May 06, 2005

Yet another very good reason to blog anonymously or pseudonymically.

Again, I maintain my online persona not because I get a kick out of being coy, but because it reassures my family. I seriously doubt that I am at risk of my employer's discovery and wrath, but on the other hand, what are they gonna complain about? In the early days of PS, I did a certain amount of bitching about my job, but I would never be so stupid as to identify myself, my company or my co-workers by name. I work(ed) in the travel industry, and now I'm writing about adventures in suburbia. There's not a huge conflict of interest here.

Rall's theme is too creepy: getting hassled or canned for exercising your rights of free speech, free assembly and freedom of association outside the workplace? Where are these people, North Korea? Sheesh.