Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Curse you, Windows 98. My Mothers Day post is lost, the system crashed yet again, blah blah blah.
I have also had a recurrence of the engorgement/plugged duct problem. The more you have to ask, the less you want to know. The good news is that it's almost cleared up.
The Good News: Wee Gigi has had her six month well-baby visit, and while she's still wee, she's well. She's in the third percentile for weight, the fiftieth for length, and eighty-fifth for head circumference. So yay for the big brains on our little girl.
Yeah, third percentile for weight. The pediatrician says that anything between three and ninety-seven is considered okay, and since she's progressing along her curve there is no reason for concern. I still have philosophical issues with having a six-month old who doesn't outweigh my cat, but the cat just turned 12 and can't be expected to spend a lot of time on the treadmill.
And hey, at least someone in this house is healthily slim. Gigi's Daddy wants to spend more time on the treadmill, and I'm walking around carrying the A$$ That Ate Montana. I just keep telling myself that the reason she's in the 50th percentile for length is all that good calcium she's getting in her Mommy Juice...which Mommy seems to be getting mostly from Ben and Jerry's.