Thursday, February 17, 2005

My Lucy Ricardo moment du jour: Gigi woke up from her nap, fussy and cranky but unwilling to go back to sleep. A fresh diaper usually perks her up, so I took her to the changing table and started to unsnap her onesie. I noticed that she felt a little more "well padded" than usual, but didn't figure out why until I started plucking at the tape tabs... when I redressed her at her last change, I hadn't gotten the old diaper out of the way. I'd snapped her outfit shut with the clean, dry diaper on top of the folded wet one. No wonder she took longer than usual to go down for that nap. I'd be cranky too, if someone made me sleep with an extra pair of damp undies crammed into my pajamas.
My karmic payback? Her last wakeful cycle consisted of a major gas attack (mid-nursing, too, what fun) and a spell of teething. Oh yes, we're getting warmed up for the teething.
I still can't believe I gave up drinking for Lent.