Thursday, July 29, 2004

Yesterday's doctor appointment was pretty good.  On the down side, my hemoglobin is down a wee bit - but still not enough that she's gonna give me supplements.  On the plus side, there's the scale: up two kilos!  I want that gold star on my chart.
But the absolute highlight, the alpha and the omega, was the ultrasound.  Not only can I recognize bits and pieces, we saw actual facial features!  The earlier pictures looked like x-rays.  Now we can see a little button nose, eyes, a mouth sucking a thumb.  I don't know enough words in all the languages I speak combined that can describe the feeling that comes from watching the baby inside.  I will not attempt it for fear of sounding like a cheap, tacky greeting card.  Let it suffice to say that it is like nothing I have ever experienced or could have imagined.