Friday, October 20, 2006

"Kvetch and Ye Shall Receive" seems to be the order of the day. The AC in our bedroom is back to life, and at work our servers have gotten the Lazarus treatment as well. My husband swears that we can get the washer to work, we just have to nudge it along - it won't automatically move into the spin cycle. I wasn't planning to spend my weekend camped out by the washing machine, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.
On some level, I sympathize with my landlord's plight. We too are landlords, but there's a bit of ocean between us and our tenants, so a management company deals with the tenants most of the time. Our landlord lives downstairs, so he really can't hide from us when the next machine decides to give up the ghost. And everything on the island is expensive, I can't imagine how much it would cost to replace a washing machine here. Heck, if a bag of groceries is 50 bucks, picture the price tag on some durable goods. Eeeek.