Monday, October 09, 2006

Doctor Updates: New ultrasound exam last week shows that we are 95% certainly expecting a bouncing baby boy. Daddy says don't go crazy with the blue shopping, we'll only know for certain on B-day. (This is life with a Red Sox fan, people.) The exam also estimated Baby's weight at 5 lbs 7 oz - just one ounce shy of what Gigi was when she was born (two weeks late...it's in the archives...) Based on the calendar, I'm supposed to be at 33 weeks, but based on the measurements done during the ultrasound, the tech calculated 35 weeks. Huh?
You see, I'm counting on this kid to be reasonably close to the November 20 due date. I'm stopping work as of the 10th; my mom arrives on the 13th; kiddo can show up anytime after that, I figure. Well, the sonogram tech said, "November 9." NOT FUNNY. Of course, if Big Sis was two weeks late...
Ah, forget it. We all know that the concept of due date is severely fungible. As long as my water doesn't break at the office, I'll be cool.
I see the doc again this Thursday. We'll probably talk about my weight, and I will complain about the sciatica that has developed in the past week. There's nothing like shooting pains in your hip when you're already moving like Jabba the Hutt. Ugh!