Saturday, October 08, 2005

Still no teeth. But she's standing up without assistance and taking tentative little not-quite steps before falling on her cute little keister.
Gigi's increasing mobility is not just wracking the nerves of the bipeds around her. No, the cat's re-evaluating her opinion of the little blond interloper. Before, the cat figured, "Well, it's getting my lap time, but it's leaving me alone and it's not going after my food. Eh, okay." Now Gigi is taking interest in her fellow quadriped. And we've caught her in the cat's dish more than once. (Well, I suppose if it's keeping the kitty fat, it can't be totally devoid of nutritional value for the baby, right?) So far, the cat can still move faster than the baby can crawl. That's not stopping Gigi's pursuit. On the bright side, the cat is declawed, so she can't damage the baby too badly.
And you have not seen eye-popping, toothache-inducing, belly-laughing cute until you've seen my baby try to give the cat her pacifier.