Friday, March 25, 2005

Just when I think I have this whole HausFrau thing down: Yesterday was the Big Weekly Shop. Every week I go through the grocery store circulars and figure out who's got the best deals on what, then map out my tri- or quadripartite shopping list accordingly. I hit three supermarkets on Thursday and was feeling quite pleased with myself, especially since I got all that crap into the fridge and freezer, right? So imagine my surprise when I was pulling out some cold cuts for lunch today, and discovered some unexpected articles in the meats drawer. Like my checkbook.

Honestly. Good thing I wasn't even looking for it, cause God knows I'd never have come up with that one. I suppose next time I need the ketchup I should check my sock drawer.

And yesterday was a good day, too. Sheesh!