Monday, November 15, 2004

Well, this weekend took an unexpected turn. I found myself confined to bedrest when I started having some "postpartum bleeding" - nothing serious, it turns out, but it's one of those things listed on the "Call Your Doctor If..." lists in all the books. So a few pills and 36 hours spent mostly horizontal seems to have taken care of it.
Of course, the goofy part is that I absolutely suck at enforced bedrest. Ask me what my dream vacation is, and I'll tell you it's a long stretch of uninterrupted time with my case of unread books, preferably on a sunny beach or some sort of shoreline. And on any day of the week I can sleep in with the best of them. But if you tell me, "Mugs, thou shalt remain at rest, no getting up for anything but the bathroom; here, have a few books to pass the time," I get stir crazy. Go figure.
Fortunately, there were three grandparents in the house this weekend to do all the cooking and take care of Gigi. My confinement really ends next week, I think, after I have my followup visit with the OB and he clears me (I hope) to start driving again. Now that our car has arrived from Europe and we've gotten the sucker registered, I'd like to use it once in a while.