Saturday, December 31, 2005

In other news: The end of this vacation also means the end of my sabbatical. As much as I've enjoyed the time off, I really do miss the paycheck. On Tuesday, I go back to "work" - that is, I'll be at training for most of the next six months before we head to our new island home. Gigi will be at on-site daycare, so I can pop in on my lunch hour and get a snuggle fix.

Have I accomplished anything, or learned any valuable life lessons over the last fifteen months? Well, let's see:

I now have some idea of what people do from nine to five if they don't have offices to go to.
I now know that having all day to run the vacuum cleaner doesn't make me any more likely to do it.
I now know I'm better at this Mommy thing than I thought I would be.
I did acheive one goal: I submitted something for publication this afternoon (just under the wire!). Whoopie. It wasn't much, but I can say that I did it.